Effective Date: February 26, 2019
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) describes the type of information that Profound Networks, LLC (“Profound,” “we,” or “our”) collects through your use of Profound’s DomainRank service (collectively, the “Service”). This Notice does not apply to information collected about you through any other means, including information collected by third parties or through non-electronic or offline means.
This Notice covers:
· What Personal Information is collected by Profound through the Service.
· How Profound uses this information.
· With whom Profound may share this information.
· What choices are available to you with respect to the collection, use and sharing of this information.
· What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss or misuse of this information while under our control.
By accessing or using the Service, or by clicking the “accept” button when you register to use the Service, you consent to our use of your Personal Information as described in this Notice. “Personal Information” for purposes of this Notice is the information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
This Notice is part of, and is governed by, our Terms of Service.
A. Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways. First, you provide us with certain information when you register for and use the Service. Second, we collect certain information automatically as you interact with the Service.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Information from you when you register for an account to use the Service, or otherwise access and use the Service. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it. We directly collect the following types of information that you provide to us:
· Identifying information. We may collect Personal Information, including your name, email address, credit card information, phone number, employer name and work title/position.
· User generated content. When you provide comments or feedback or make submissions using the Service, we may collect that content and associate it with your profile.
· Customer service interactions. To ensure the quality of your interactions with our customer service representatives, we may monitor and record phone calls or other communications between you and our representatives.
We use third-party payment processors to handle payment transactions. Any payments you make will also be subject to their privacy practices as set forth in their privacy policies.
2. Information We Automatically Collect from You When You Use the Service
We (or service providers on our behalf) may use technologies, including “cookies” and “web beacons,” to automatically collect information from you when you use the Service. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your Internet browser, which saves and recognizes your browsing habits. We use both session cookies (which track a user’s progression during one site visit) and persistent cookies (which track a user over time). Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer or mobile device, such as the time and date you viewed a page, which emails are opened, which links are clicked, and similar information.
Information that may be collected by cookies and web beacons when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
· web pages you visit;
· date and time of your visit to or use of the Service;
· usage and activity data related to the Service;
· browser type;
· Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet;
· your computer or mobile device and connection information, such as your browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and
· your device identifier.
We may use the following types of cookies:
· Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Service. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Service, and to use online forms.
· Functional cookies. These cookies may be used to recognize you when you return to the Service. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences. These cookies may also record your visit to the Service, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Service and our communications sent to you more relevant to your interests.
· Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Service when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way the Service works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Marketing/targeting cookies. On the Service, we might use remarketing cookies of certain display advertising service providers. These serve the purpose of displaying advertisements to those users of third party websites that have previously visited the Service. For this purpose, we collect the information that a certain user has viewed specific portion or feature of the Service. This information will be linked to a marketing cookie – a text file that is placed on your device by the display advertising service provider. When you visit other websites, specific advertisements regarding the Service, including without limitation promotional offers, may be displayed to you based on your past visit to the Service.
· To store your preferences and settings. Settings that enable the Service to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. We may save preferences, such as device (e.g., computer, laptop, or mobile device) language, and browser settings, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to the Service. If you opt out of interest-based advertising, we store your opt-out preference in a cookie on your device. Cookies can also help you fill out forms on the Service.
· For sign-in and authentication. When you sign into the Service using your account, we may store a unique ID, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the Service without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the Service.
· To store information you provide to the Service. When you provide Personal Information to the Service, we may store the information in a cookie.
· You can generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) (Link) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (Link) by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
· You may also opt-out by clicking on TrustArc’s Your Advertising Choices page (Link) or, if in the European Union (Link).
Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads. You can also delete cookie files from your hard drive, or avoid them altogether, by configuring your browser to reject them or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. As previously noted, not all features of the websites and services will function as intended if you reject cookies.
B. “Do Not Track” Requests
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites or web services you use or visit. We do not process “do not track” signals. Our third party service providers may also not respond to “do not track” signals.
C. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information collected from or about you for any of the following purposes:
· developing, providing and improving the Service;
· managing and verifying your account and the identity of users of the Service;
· contacting you when necessary about your account or your use of the Service;
· sending you information and promotional materials about our products and the Service as well as our company in general;
· responding to support requests;
· complying with regulatory requirements for the maintenance of records;
· conducting internal reviews of the Service to help us better understand visitors’ and customers’ uses of the Service;
· protecting the security and integrity of the Service;
· complying with court orders and legal process, and to enforce our Terms of Service and this Notice; and
· any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Notice.
We may also use your Personal Information for interest-based and retargeting advertising. Interest-based advertising involves the collection of data across different web domains so we can deliver ads that are tailored to your interests. Our retargeting practices allow us to show you products we think you would be interested in based on your activity on the Service. You can read more about this type of data-driven marketing on the Network Advertising Initiative website, http://www.networkadvertising.org.
We may combine information we collect about you through the Service with other information about you that we receive from third party sources. By way of example and not limitation, we may use a change of address or other list service to ensure that our records for your account are accurate.
D. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties
We may share the Personal Information we collect in connection with the Service with third parties, as described below:
1. Service Providers
We may share your Personal Information with our third party distributors, vendors, suppliers and other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service, website developers, hosting service providers, auditors, payment processors, performing marketing or consulting services, and assisting us with the preparation and mailing of our business and marketing communications and with processing and fulfillment functions. These third party service providers may use your Personal Information for their own marketing purposes.
2. Third Party Analytics Providers
3. Our Affiliates
We may share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies that are or may become under common control with us. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Notice with regard to their use of your information.
4. Transfer or Assignment in Connection with Business Transfers or Bankruptcy
5. Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders, or Protection of Our Rights
We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
· you have given us permission to share your information;
· we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
· we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights, or those of other users of the Service, third parties, or the public at large; or
· we believe that you have abused the Service by using the Service to attack or gain unauthorized access to a system or to engage in spamming or other conduct that violates applicable laws or the our Terms of Service.
6. Aggregate Information
We may share aggregate or de-identified information without restriction.
E. Your Choices
We provide the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about you. In addition, you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email marketing communication you receive.
You may also change certain details in your account by logging in and revising or deleting your account information.
F. How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. Profound has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
G. European Union Privacy
If the processing of your Personal Information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), we have additional obligations and you have additional rights under the GDPR. These rights and obligations are as follows:
We will process your Personal Information in order to support our provision of the Service. The lawful bases for processing your Personal Information may include:
· When you have given consent to our processing;
· When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
· When processing is necessary to protect our legitimate interests or that of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights;
· When processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and
· When processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
You have many rights with respect to our processing of your Personal Information. Depending upon the lawful basis of processing, you may have the right to withdraw consent or object to our processing of your Personal Information. You may further have the right to be informed about your Personal Information and how it is being processed, to access, correct and erase your Personal Information, to restrict further processing, and to obtain and reuse your Personal Information for your own purposes. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant European Union supervisory authority.
If we transfer your Personal Information to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area, we will do so in compliance with applicable laws with respect to such transfer.
H. California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits any users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
I. Correcting/Updating Your Information
You may have the right to access the Personal Information we collect about you. You may also have the right to correct any errors contained in that information. For details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
J. No Use by Children
The Service is not intended for users younger than 13. We do not knowingly collect contact information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 13 has submitted Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files.
K. Use of Information Outside Your Country of Residence
The Service is directed to users located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Service or provide your information to us, you should be aware that we may transfer your information to the United States and process it there. The privacy laws in the United States may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Your consent to this Notice followed by your submission of information to us through or in connection with the Service represents your agreement to the transfer of your information to the United States.
L. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. If we decide to make a material change in this Notice, we will post it on this page. Your continued use of the Service after the posting of changes to this Notice will mean you accept these changes. In some cases, we may attempt to contact you through an email or other address you have provided, so we can give you choices about our using your information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that affect your Personal Information that is already in our possession, we will apply those changes to that older information only with your consent or as otherwise allowed by law.
M. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Notice or our use of the information we collect from you in connection with the Service, you may contact us via regular mail at:
Profound Networks, LLC
227 Bellevue Way NE 900
Bellevue, WA 98004
You may also contact us via email at email@example.com.